We believe that all Australians deserve good quality and nutritious food.
We work hard to create a place where people who fall through the cracks of our society have an opportunity to get back on their feet and live their lives in a full and meaningful way.
Our project team creates garden “pods” through a landshare program, to grow everything from vegetables, to greens, to herbs, to raising chickens for eggs. These pods are then managed by the homeless and people at risk.
Our not for profit organisation is using our garden pods to feed, train and support our Australian homeless and people at risk, directly and through various networks.
Will you join us at the Mini Farm Project to reach out to our fellow Australians and become a patron of our cause?
Here at the Mini Farm Project, our object is to pursue the following charitable purpose(s):
- To provide relief of poverty, sickness, suffering, distress, misfortune, disability or helplessness of people, and to work proactively to enhance the physical and emotional wellbeing of people, in the communities of Australia without discrimination due to age, sex, race, ethnic background, religion, political beliefs or marital status through the following (non-exhaustive) activities:
- Grow food in various sized pods to service and feed the nations homeless, people at risk and very low income earners; and
- Use a land share program to acquire 1,000 pods within 2 years of commencement and up to 10,000 pods across Australia within 10 years of commencement; and
- Employ successful homeless candidates to operate pods; and
- Establish a training program to train and skills test the homeless and people at risk in permaculture, horticulture, land management principles, and cookery; and
- Establish a network of food vans in all capital cities and major regional cities to feed the homeless and people at risk using food grown from pods; and
- Sell surplus produce and resources; and
- Distribute our grown food to charitable and other organisations soup kitchens or food distribution and catering services; and
- Support the vision of the founding director.